Course Schedule - Continuing EducationRegister here for non-credit classes and workshops, Health Center Activity Director Course, test preparation classes, community health forums, and other professional development opportunities.
|Fall 2021 Panhellenic Association Fee
The Panhellenic Association hosts a primary recruitment process during the Fall semester, which provides an opportunity for potential members to join the 9 NPC member sororities.
Gamma Phi Omega hosts their own recruitment process through informational meetings and sessions, and should be contacted directly for more information.
Please note that this website is used to collect payment for participation in the primary recruitment process only, and registration is completed through CampusDirector.
|Health Center Activity Professional
ISU's Health Center Activity Professional course discusses the philosophy and development of therapeutic recreations programs for nursing home residents and the regulations affecting the activity profession. Coursework includes the exploration of the physical, social, and emotional needs of the elderly and the relationship of the individual. A certificate recognized by the Indiana State Department of Health will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
The course's instructor is Jan Cockrell, who is a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, activity consultant certified, and Director of Community Life at Westminster Village. She has met the standards for a pre-approved instructor for the MEPAP 2nd edition Course (Pre-approval #NCCAP218001-1). MEPAP [Modular Education Program for Activity Professionals] is the educational requirement for those pursing National Certification through the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP), as well as provides the skill set one needs to pursue a career in the activity field
The Health Center Activity Professional course:
* Requires an academic requirement of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
* Requires Internet access and Microsoft Office to participate in and complete assignments
* Begins the first Monday of every month for thirteen weeks
* Requires a 90-hour supervised practicum experience
* Is approved by the Indiana Department of Health
* Follows the guidelines of the National Certification Council of Activity Professional (NCCAP) Modular Education Program for Activity Professionals (MEPAP) 2nd Edition Course Standards
* Has a one-time fee of $525.00
This course is ideal for:
* Students wishing to pursue nationally recognized certification through the National Certification Council of Activity Professionals
* Individuals interested in meeting the requirements to secure employment as an activity professional in the state of Indiana
|The 30th Annual NADEF
The 30th Annual North American Dendroecological Fieldweek (NADEF) will be held at the Yellowstone Bighorn Research Association (YBRA) field station near Red Lodge, Montana. The fieldweek will run from July 21st through July 30th, 2021 and registration fees will be $1300 USD for students and $1500 USD for professionals. Members of the Tree-Ring Society will receive a $100.00 discount. Students should send a photocopy of their student ID with their registration. Your registration fee includes registration, room, and board for the entire week. If you have any questions about the fieldweek please contact: