Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:
How do I create a new user account?
In order to register for courses online, you must have an account with Center for Community Engagement. Creating an account also gives you online access to view your registration history, change your address and more.
You can go to our Sign up page to create a new account.
Note: you must have an email address to set up an account with us.
What courses do you currently offer?
Select one of the Lookup Courses links (in the left navigation bar) to see the list of courses we currently offer.
How do I register for a course?
To register for a course:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Cart - click the Enroll Yourself button to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Course Options - select the course fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees), and enter additional information requested, if any (i.e. t-shirt size, etc.).
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Enroll in Another Course button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Proceed to Checkout - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Cart, click the Proceed to Checkout button to continue the registration process.
- Make Payment - edit your personal information if necessary then click the Payment Service button to continue on to our Payment Service to make your payment.
- Registration Confirmed - when you are finished with the payment process, the Transaction Completed page is displayed notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
Visa, Mastercard, and check
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
Adverse Weather Policy
Although highly unlikely, we do have occasional cancellations due to weather or under-enrollment or some other circumstance beyond the Institute’s control. Registrants with the Center for Community Engagement/OLLI will be notified of cancellations to programs they have registered for by phone or email. Cancellation of programs that do not require registration will be posted on our website, Facebook page, and a cancellation notice will be left on the voicemail of the Program Administrator’s. If a program is canceled due to weather and the university is closed, all OLLI programs will also be canceled. Check local television and radio stations for notices of university closures. We will do our best to reschedule canceled programs for a different date. If you have paid for a program that has been rescheduled but are not able to attend on the new date, a refund or credit will be provided.
Refund Policy If you need to cancel your registration for a program, you must contact the Center for Community Engagement office at least 7 business days prior to the date of the program to receive a possible refund or credit. If the program is an OLLI day-trip or overnight trip, you must contact the OLLI office at least 30 business days prior to the trip to possibly receive a refund or credit. If you do not attend a program for which you are registered in the stated time, you will be charged for that program. Furthermore, your failure to cancel in the stated time will result in your being charged for stated program or event.
How do I cancel a registration?
You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact:
ISU Center for Community Engagement
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you.
What do I do if I've lost my password?
You can send a request for your password to be sent to your email address on our Lookup Password page.
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours and grades earned